The first weekend. The first Saturday. The first day where there is nothing but social events! Or, there are no events and you stay home. Or maybe your going home to visit mom dukes and all she wants to do is feed you everything that’s against your diet. I came in this day thinking it was going to be like day 1. I was wrong.
It started out strong. I woke up and went straight to my Crossfit class where it consist of death! Yes death! After a complex of snatches. Within the WOD the damn 20 HSPU killed me. I always had problems with my left shoulder, which. Add it more difficult doing that many. But with the push of the support I was getting, thanks Bree!, I got through it.
I do feel the difference on my t2b because my technique is better, and that’s simp,y because I am feeling slimmer. After doing many t2b, rowing, and hspu, and being out of breath. I took my ass home. The workout was death!
Hold on, I lied. I went to the supermarket. I was parched. Thirsty. Dehydrated. All I wanted was water. I ended at Acme where most of there products were 30% off! I ended up getting nuts, fruit, tea, tuna, but no water:-/. They ran out of it! I still call it a safe because the amount of money that was saved!
I stopped by shop rite to get 6 1-gallon water to last me for the week. I drink a gallon a day, but that’s a story for another time.
Sleep: 7 hours
Meal 1: Egg omelete
Meal 2: Finished my cobb salad from the day before
Meal 3: Ground Turkey with spinach, kale, mushroom, and sweet plantain
For my Snack: I will confess i feel as though I was a fat ass with my snack, but it was all PALEO!
I got the idea from: http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-protein-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Sweet Potato Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 small sweet potato or yam (I used a sweet potato since they are white and would look more like a regular cookie)*
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop (35 grams) Formulx Vanilla Protein Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poke holes in a sweet potato with a knife then place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until sweet potato is completely soft. Then let cool. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato away from skin and place in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until soft.
- Add almond butter, egg, honey and vanilla and mix well. Then add protein powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out batter and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. The batter should make 12-13 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Do not overcook.
IT WAS DELICIOUS!!
NOW, the plan for me was to go home to visit my mother, but I ended up napping on my damn couch. In order to keep myself busy and not just lay around and think about food, I read and answered some answer questions for an application I have to submit. This kept me busy for about 4-6 hours within itself. I took breaks by getting food for my girl and her sister, watching some damn show with them called Merlin (looks dumb), and writing a note to my girl.
Overall, the distraction worked. I wasn’t in front of my fridge, looking for a snack like I always do, and I kept my mind focus on something else.
Day 6 was by far the strongest day yet.
Here’s a Day 5 reflection from a Beaster
Day 5 was rough one. and I was close to have a full on Meltdown! I woke up too late to get the workout I wanted in, but I adjusted my plan.. I was running late to make a suitable breakfast, so I chose a protein shake. I walked into a meeting Full of bakery treats and Godiva Chocolate. When I wrapped up that meeting I was starving with a hunger headache. As I walked to the kitchen, Pizza//Tequilla Friday had begun right when I realized I FORGOT ALL OF MY FOOD on my kitchen counter AT HOME. In a starvation haze, I managed to run out to get a salad with grilled chicken for lunch and an apple to get me through the rest of the day.. I stayed on course so far, but I have to admit I was really close to boarding the FUCK IT ALL train and have Pizza/ tequila washed down with Godivas.